If your name has also been struck off from the ration card, then there could be the following reasons for it. If a family falls in any of these categories then its name is struck off from the BPL list. If your name has been wrongly removed from the ration card then you can file a complaint and get your name re-added in the ration card. Ration card data is taken from the family ID card. If wrong information is entered in Parivar Pehchan Patra then first correct your information there then correct that information in ration card and you can reactivate your ration card.
Various reasons to remove name from ration card
If you come for any of the following reasons then your name will not be there in the ration card and your name will be deleted. If by mistake your name has been removed from the ration card, then you can complain to the Common Service Center or the Food Supply Department.
- If any member of a family has not filed income tax return of more than Rs.180000/- in the last 3 years then the name of that family is struck off from the BPL list.
- If a family has paid electricity bill of more than ₹ 9000, then its name has also been struck off from the ration card.
- If any member of a family is employed in any government office, then his name has not been struck off from the ration card.
- If the annual income of any member of the family is more than ₹ 180000 then their name will not be there in the ration card.
- If any member of the family is a pensioner and the annual income is more than ₹ 180000 then his name is also struck off from the ration card.
- If the property of a family is in an urban area and that property is more than 100 yards, then the name has been struck off from the ration card.
- If the property of a family is in rural area and that property is more than 200 then the name is struck off from the ration card.
Read also: Download Haryana Ration Card
What to do if the ration card is canceled?
People whose BPL ration cards have been canceled can know the reason for cancellation of ration card from their nearest Atal Seva Kendra or Common Service Center or Food Supply Department. If your ration card has been wrongly cancelled, then you can lodge a complaint at the Common Service Center. If your claim is found correct then your name will be added again in the ration card.
In this article, we have told why the names of people have been struck off from the ration card and what is the solution for it.